What comes to mind when you think of team building? Group scavenger hunts with your elementary school class? Catching your work teammates in trust falls? Taking a group cooking class? Whatever your experience, the value of team-building exercises is undeniable — but they don’t have to follow the same traditional formula to be successful.
Art projects are a great team-building activity because they are something everyone can enjoy, whether they are the next Rembrandt or struggling to draw stick figures. With the right materials and skilled instructors, anyone can produce a work of art while bonding with their teammates.
The Importance of Team Building Activities
Babe Ruth once said, “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.”
Whether you are involved in sports, education, community service or the corporate world, team building not only allows people to get to know each other, but also builds camaraderie and trust. Activities that foster team building also help remind people that work is never just about them; it is about the entire group. Encouraging a team to do something together, rather than individually, demonstrates that the group’s success should be a priority. If you’ve ever been a part of a group that was overly competitive or lacked unity and confidence, this is an especially helpful learning experience.
How Fluid Art Can Foster Team Building
In our last blog about the therapeutic power of fluid art, we mentioned the way in which creating art increases the feel-good neurotransmitter dopamine — also called the “motivation molecule.” Dopamine can boost your team’s focus and concentration. Art also encourages creative thinking and lets team members come up with their own unique out-of-the-box solutions.
At Hawaii Fluid Art, your team can hang out together and choose from a variety of fun and hassle-free projects:
- Acrylic Pour Painting is just what the name implies. Each team member chooses their favorite colors and then pours them onto a special fluid base to create abstract patterns that emerge and evolve right before their eyes. Your team can create original artwork they will be proud to hang in their individual offices or display as a collection in your corporate lobby.
- Resin Beach Scenes will have you dreaming of a day in Hawaii as you layer pebbles, shells and starfish on a wave-filled blue background.
- Resin Tumblers are another fun group activity. You can create a one-of-a-kind insulated coffee or wine cup using resin, pigments and creativity.
- Glass Painting is an easy, fast and fun activity for all ages. You simply select a silhouette image, such as an animal or palm trees, to paint in solid black on glass, then add a stunning background with acrylic pour paints of your choice.
- Rock Painting, another fun and whimsical art form, is coming to our studios soon. Doesn’t your desk deserve a cool new paperweight?
Groups of 10 or more people receive a discount of $10 per person on art classes.
Hawaii Fluid Art’s mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit, one painting at a time.